Preventing COVID-19 infections
To prevent COVID-19 infections, one must follow the hygiene guidelines and wear face masks as instructed.
Stop the spread of the coronavirus:
- Take the coronavirus vaccines – They protect you against the severe forms of the disease.
- If you become ill, stay at home until you are healthy. For more information, see Do this if you suspect a coronavirus infection.
- Remember your hygiene: hands, mask, safety distances and ventilation.
A recommendation on the use of face masks
The recommendation on face masks by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare is followed in the area.
It is recommmended that you continue to use masks in indoor public spaces and on public transport if:
- you seek treatment or a test because of suspected infection with coronavirus
- you have symptoms of a respiratory infection, but you need to move outside your home
- you know that you have been exposed to the coronavirus, for example, if someone in your family has been diagnosed with an infection, but you are not able to avoid close contacts outside your home.
- you visit a social or health care unit or ward
- you belong to a risk group and are in a premises where close contact cannot be avoided
A face mask recommendation is still in effect at Soite’s units. Staff and patients/clients should use a face mask, i.e. a surgical mask that covers the mouth and nose, in the facilities of social and health care units where patients, clients or residents are treated or examined. It is recommended to use face masks also in waiting spaces and in wards.