When should you go to the emergency dental care?
Examples of situations where urgent first aid is needed:
- a sudden and severe ache that disturbs the sleep and is no longer alleviated by pain medication
- a bleeding that cannot be stopped at home
- severe swelling as well as trouble breathing and swallowing or a high fever
- a permanent tooth coming loose accidentally
- a recent accident concerning the teeth or the mouth as well as difficulty breathing, swallowing or opening the mouth.
Urgent first aid is not needed:
- when the symptoms are mild or only mildly uncomfortable and have gone on for several days
- fractures or a filling or a pivot tooth coming loose
- a dental prosthesis has broken
Contact by phone
Information about the service
Patients primarily come to the emergency dental care clinic after having first contacted it by phone. Please fill out the form for your oral health care history when you come to the clinic or fill it out before you come to the clinic in the My Healthcare service.
If a further appointment is needes, the client is responsible for booking it in the home municipality.
- Please fill out your patient information form for your oral medical history when you come to the clinic or beforehand in the My Healthcare service.
- If a further appointment is needed, the client is responsible for booking it in the home municipality.
- All patients who have turned 18 are charged a fee in accordance with health care centre fees. The same applies to patient’s who live outside of Soite.
- If an appointment is booked and not used and is not cancelled, a fee is charged if the patient has turned 15.
Emergency care during the night
In serious cases between 9 PM and 8 AM, patients are treated at the joint emergency services at Oulu University Hospital, phone (08) 315 2655.