The use of a face mask is recommended as the number of coronavirus infections increases
The need for hospitalization of coronavirus patients has increased significantly at the units of Central Ostrobothnia Joint Municipal Authority for Social and Health Services Soite. We remind you of the importance of using a face mask to prevent infections.
In the Soite area, the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare’s face mask recommendation is followed. We remind you that you can prevent infections by following the face mask recommendation. It is recommended that you continue wearing a face mask in public indoor spaces and on public transports if:
- you seek out treatment or a test if you suspect that you have a coronavirus infection
- you have symptoms of a respiratory infection, but it is necessary for you to move outside the home
- you know that you have been exposed to the coronavirus, for example if an infection has been detected in your family, but you cannot avoid close contact outside the home
- you interact with social and health services or visit a ward
- you belong to a risk group and are in a space where close contact cannot be avoided
Currently, 30 coronavirus positive patients are being treated at the wards and general medicine departments of Central Ostrobothnia Central Hospital. The majority of the patients are in treatment primarily for a reason other than the coronavirus. However, it is important to try to prevent the spread of the virus, which is why Soite recommends effective protection and visiting restrictions in the wards.
We ask you to wear an FFP2 face mask during visits to the central hospital’s wards and round-the-clock housing service units. Unfortunately, some departments or units have to limit visits due to the pandemic situation. Read more in the previously published announcement.